Saturday 17 December 2011

Day 17 of the 30 day book talk..




Favourite Quote(s) from Favourite books(s)


I have so many favourite quotes from my favourite books - I think it is time to be a little  indulgent......

From the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon


"For where all love is, the speaking is unnecessary.It is all. It is undying. It is enough" ~  Outlander by Diana Gabaldon 

"I stood still, vision blurring, and in that moment I heard my heart break, like the snapping of a flower's stem" ~ Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon

"It has always been forever for me, Sassenach " ~ Voyager by Diana Gabaldon

"This is our time. Until that time stops, for one of us, for both - it is our time. Now. Will you waste it because you are afraid?" ~ Drums of Autumn by Diana Gabaldon

"When the day shall come that we do part" ,he said softly and turned to look at me "if my last words are not "I love you " - you'll ken it was because I dinna have time" ~ The Fiery Cross by Diana Gabaldon

"And if time is anything a kin to God, I suppose that memory must be the devil " A Breath of Snow and Ashes by Diana Gabaldon

" Reading is of course dry work, and further refreshment was called for, and consumed " ~ An Echo in the Bone by Diana Gabaldon


 © Diana Gabaldon





And the rest..


" You don't forget the face of the person who was your last hope" ~ Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

" You never really understand a person, until you consider things from his point of view...until you climb into his skin and walk round in it " ~ To Kill a Mocking bird by Harper Lee

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of  a good fortune, must be in want of a wife..." ~ Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

" When he shall die
Take him and cut him out in little stars
And he will make the face of heaven so fine
That all the world will be in love with night
And pay no worship to the garish sun

~Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare






jaffa's choice



Look at me!
Look at me!
Look at me NOW
It is fun to have fun
But you have to know how.....

The Cat in the Hat by Dr Seuss















2 comments:

  1. Wonderful quotes! :-)

    I got a little chuckle out of Jaffa's choice. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ABL - thank you !

    LOL...Jaffa is very a clever cat :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - Jaffareadstoo appreciates your interest.