Wednesday 31 December 2014

My twelve books of the year...






Here are the Twelve books I enjoyed the most in 2014



In no particular order...




17846874



The Undertaking



24773772


20622738



Crimson Shore by Gillian E. Hamer

22537180




11710373




21353509




18586485



18581771
And


12 Honourable Mentions

 go to

(and in no particular order)



War of the Roses : Winter Pilgrims by Toby Clements

The Outcast Dead by Elly Griffiths

Dark Water ~ Jan Ruth

Going Back by Rachael English 

The Separation ~ Dinah Jeffries

Little Lies by Liane Moriarty

Keep Your Friends Close by Paula Daly

The Visitors by Rebecca Mascull

Spilt Milk by Amanda Hodgkinson

The Silversmith's Wife by Sophia Tobin

The Indelible Stain ~ Wendy Percival

The Seven Sisters by Lucinda Riley


***


Click on the link to go to my review.
I couldn't maintain my blog without the support of  lots of lovely readers, authors  and publishers who visit Jaffareadstoo on a daily basis.



Here's to happy reading and blogging in 2015

Jaffa and I look forward to your company.










10 comments:

  1. Great choices, I've read several of these and quite agree. Happy New Year and here's to many more enjoyable books in 2015, Karen x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen - I agree it's been a great year for books and it's been really difficult to pin it down to just twelve - hence another twelve honourable mentions ...LOL.
      Happy Reading and blogging in 2015 Karen x

      Delete
  2. Proud and delighted to be in your top twelve books of 2014! Some fabulous books there for me to try next year too! Happy New Year, Jo & Jaffa, and all the readers of Jo's blog too. Keep reading - we writers need you! G x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gill - Congratulations. Crimson Shore is a worthy winner - it kept me on the edge of my seat and made me see sleepy old Anglesey in a whole new light. Keep writing !!

      Delete
  3. Thank you for mentioning CAULDSTANE in your end of year review. Delighted to find myself in such illustrious company. Happy New year to you & Jaffa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda - CAULDSTANE conjured up Scotland in such a way, it still lingers in my mind. Thanks for writing such a great story. Keep Writing !

      Delete
  4. Thrilled to be in your list of Honourable Mentions! Thanks, Jo and Jaffa - and for a great blog. Happy New Year to you both and to readers and writers alike. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wendy - I so enjoyed The Indelible Stain, I can't wait to see what Esme does next ! keep writing !!

      Delete
  5. A great list - I've read a few of these but will be on the lookout for some more of your recommendations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joan ! Best wishes to you and happy reading in 2015.x

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - Jaffareadstoo appreciates your interest.