Wednesday 11 May 2016

The author in my spotlight is ...Lorna Peel


I am delighted to introduce on her book's publication day










Hi Lorna and welcome to Jaffareadstoo and thank you for spending time with us today...



Tell us a little about Lorna Peel, author.

I have been writing since I was nineteen and for a few years I wrote just for myself in A4 sized spiral-bound notebooks. When I decided to try and get published, it was great ‘fun’ typing up the novels as I’m a terrible typist! These days, everything goes straight onto the laptop. I write romance novels, a mixture of contemporary and historical, set in Great Britain and Ireland.



What inspired you to write The Image of Her and what can you tell us about it that won’t give too much away?



Tirgearr
11 May 2016


I’m not adopted but, like The Image of Her’s Rachel Harris, I have always been interested in my background and ancestry. So I wanted to write about what I knew—a novel which involved genealogy—but romance and mystery, too. I had also just discovered that a distant ancestor was a Church of England clergyman. I was doing a lot of research into him, so I decided to make Rachel’s boyfriend, Matthew Williams, a clergyman and get the church involved…



What were the challenges you faced whilst writing this novel?

Making sure all names/dates/places were consistent and correct. I have a family tree program and I created a separate file for The Image of Her to keep it all on track. I also had to make sure that everything related to Rachel’s adoption and the Church of England was correct, so there was quite a bit of research involved. Luckily, I’m a research nerd!



What do you hope that readers will take away from your book?

Never to assume anything or take everything you are told at face value. When I first started researching the Peel family tree, I interviewed my late grandfather’s sisters and was told where my branch of Peels originated from. So I began to double-check and discovered that, no, my Peels weren’t from that area at all and that the information, which had been told to them by their father (my great-grandfather), was incorrect.



How can readers discover more about you and your work?

I have a website and I’m on most social media sites but Twitter and Pinterest are my favourites. I have Pinterest boards for all my books, both published and WIPs.

https://twitter.com/PeelLorna
http://plus.google.com/+LornaPeel
http://www.tsu.co/lornapeelauthor
http://www.pinterest.com/lornapeel
http://www.facebook.com/LornaPeelAuthor

Can you tell us if you have another novel planned?

I have, and it’s a historical. I have been writing a series of novels set in Dublin, Ireland, in the 1880s. I completed the third novel a couple of months ago and I’m now making notes for the fourth.


Many thanks for interviewing me, Jo!

You're so welcome. Jaffa and I have loved having you as our guest today. Come back and see us again soon.




Read an Excerpt from The Image of Her here



**The Image of Her is published today ** Amazon UK






Huge thanks to Lorna for taking the time to answer our questions today.

Jaffa and I wish you much success with The Image of Her.



~***~


2 comments:

  1. Many thanks for hosting me today, Jo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're alwyas a welcome guest Lorna..come and see us again soon :)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - Jaffareadstoo appreciates your interest.